Peace

"Peace is a fruit of living faith. This indeed our Lord himself, the night before his death, solemnly bequeathed to all his followers: 'Peace I leave with you' (you who 'believe in God,' and 'believe also in me') 'my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' And again, 'These things have I spoken unto you that in me ye might have peace.' This is that 'peace of God which passeth all understanding,' that serenity of soul which it has not entered into the heart of a natural man to conceive, and which it is not possible for even the spiritual man to utter. And it is a peace which all the powers of earth and hell are unable to take from him. Waves and storms beat upon it, but they shake it not; for it is founded upon a rock. It keeps the hearts and minds of the children of God at all times and in all places. Whether they are in ease or in pain, in sickness or health, in abundance or want, they are happy in God."
~John Wesley

Comments

Popular Posts