Jesus, Plant And Root In Me

I found this hymn typed out in the back of one of my grandmother’s old Bibles.

Jesus, plant and root in me
All the mind that was in Thee;
Settled peace I then shall find;
Jesus’ is a quiet mind.

Anger I no more shall feel,
Always even, always still;
Meekly on my God reclined;
Jesus’ is a gentle mind.

I shall suffer and fulfill
All my Father’s gracious will;
Be in all alike resigned;
Jesus’ is a patient mind.

When ’tis deeply rooted here,
Perfect love shall cast out fear;
Fear doth servile spirits bind;
Jesus’ is a noble mind.

I shall nothing know beside
Jesus, and Him crucified:
Perfectly to Him be joined;
Jesus’ is a loving mind.

I shall triumph evermore;
Gratefully my God adore;
God so good, so true, so kind;
Jesus’ is a thankful mind.

Lowly, loving, meek, and pure,
I shall to the end endure;
Be no more to sin inclined;
Jesus’ is a constant mind.

I shall fully be restored
To the image of my Lord,
Witnessing to all mankind,
Jesus’ is a perfect mind.

~Charles Wesley

Comments

Popular Posts