Travelling

“A much travelled man knows many things,
and a man of great experience will talk sound sense.
Someone who has never had his trials knows little;
but the travelled man is master of every situation.
I have seen many things on my travels,
I have understood more than I can put into words.
I have often been in danger of death,
but I have been spared, and this is why:
the spirit of those who fear the Lord can survive,
for their hope is in someone with power to save them.
The man who fears the Lord will not be faint-hearted,
will not be daunted since the Lord is his hope.
Happy the soul of the man who fears the Lord.
On whom does he rely? Who supports him?
The eyes of the Lord watch over those who love Him,
He is their powerful protection and their strong support,
their screen from the desert wind, their shelter from the midday sun,
a guard against stumbling, an assurance against a fall.
He revives the spirit and brightens the eyes,
He gives healing, life and blessing.”
~Ben Sira

Comments

Popular Posts