Determination

“The way to become strong is by doing
small things you've made up your mind to do, however much you
don't want to do them at the time.”
~Robert Hugh Benson

A community leader came to see a simple man known as Jacob the Baker, hoping to find peace of mind; an ease for his burden. The man was troubled by a repetitive dream that he did not understand. 
“Jacob, in my dream, I have traveled a long distance and am finally arriving at a great city. But, at the entrance to the city, I am met by a tall soldier who says that I must answer two questions before I am
admitted. Will you help me?” Jacob nodded.
“The first question the soldier asks is ‘What supports the walls of a city?’”.
“That is easy,” said Jacob. “Fear supports the walls of a city.”
“But what supports the fear?” asked the man. “For that is the second question.”
“The walls,” answered Jacob. “The fears we cannot climb become our walls.”
~Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts