In the Stormy Seas

“You must not abandon the ship in a storm because you cannot control the winds... What you cannot turn to good, you must at least make as little bad as you can.”

“Nothing can come except what God wills. And I make me very sure that whatsoever that be, even if nothing has ever appeared so bad, it shall indeed be the best... I never intend, God being my good Lord, to pin my soul to another man's back, not even the best man that I know this day living; for I know not where he may hap to carry it.”
(To his daughter, in prison 1534)

“I will not mistrust [God], though I shall feel myself weakening and on the verge of being overcome with fear... I trust He shall place His holy hand on me and in the stormy seas hold me up from drowning.”
~St. Thomas More

Comments

Popular Posts