from Struggling to Swim on Concrete: Poems


Go with me God, You of the single eye
Boring a hole through the double-fanged dealers
Caught in the middle of their crooked way,
Though the nimble-footed and as loose-lipped as sailors
Or as I am, my Lord, when I lie down
To the doom of my dumbness when it wakes
And do not get up all pretty to plan
And will not bow down to somebody’s balking.
Go with me, God, of the furrowed face
Set toward Jerusalem and none turns back
Though You must ride in on the back of an ass
And knowing full well what end You must make
With Your eyes on the ground to keep You humble,
Most High One, seeing how donkeys can stumble.

~Vassar Miller

I have said this to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
~John 16:33

“Behold, I make all things new.”
~Revelation 21:5
  

Comments

Popular Posts