Micah 6:1-4, 6-8

Hear what the LORD says:
   Arise, present your plea before the mountains,
and let the hills hear your voice!
   Hear, O mountains, the plea of the LORD,
pay attention, O foundations of the earth!
   For the LORD has a plea against his people,
and he enters into trial with Israel.

O my people, what have I done to you,
   or how have I wearied you? Answer me!
For I brought you up from the land of Egypt,
   from the place of slavery I released you;
and I sent before you Moses,
   Aaron, and Miriam.

With what shall I come before the LORD,
   and bow before God most high?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
   with calves a year old?
Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
   with myriad streams of oil?
Shall I give my first-born for my crime,
   the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
You have been told, O man, what is good,
   and what the LORD requires of you:
Only to do the right and to love goodness,
   and to walk humbly with your God.

Comments

Popular Posts