Change

“The vision has come; it cannot simply open my eyes to new things in life without thereby altering that very life itself. Not only shall I find that what seemed to me before to be evil now appears to me to be a blessing; but on that very account, what before I tried to avoid, or, having got, tried to be rid of, I shall now accept, perhaps even seek. Similarly, whereas when I was weak, now I am strong’ and increase of strength means new activities, new energy put into the old work and finding its way into works altogether new. ... Once upon a time I thought happiness meant comfort; now I see that it means something quite different. My view of happiness has changed. I am therefore obliged to change also my idea as to the means and conditions whereby, and in which, happiness can be found.”
~Bede Jarrett

Comments

Popular Posts