Prepare Yourselves

“My last advice to you is that you, above all other concerns, prepare yourselves, [with God’s assistance], for your future, Eternal state. You will all shortly be as near Eternity as I now am, and will then view both worldly and spiritual things in the same light in which I do now view them. You will then see all wordly things to be but shadows, but vapours, but vanity of vanities, and the things of the Spiritual world to be of importance beyond all description. You will then be sensible that the pleasures of a good conscience, and the happiness of the near prospect of Heaven, infinitely outweighs all the Riches, Pleasure, and Honor of this mean, sinful world.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, have mercy on me, and receive my spirit.”
~Moses Dunbar

Comments

Popular Posts