Scars

“...Scars can be honourable tokens of battle and of life fully lived. Jesus kept His and allowed the apostles to see and touch them; tradition says the body of the exalted and glorified Lord bears them forever. Transfigured and glorious they are tokens of His love for us. The same is true of our own healed wounds; in heaven they will be glorious and the cause of more joy. It begins to be true now, for I too am marked for life; my scars are tokens of His re-creative love, and as ever I must pray from where I am. My forgive-ness and my healed-ness are a prayer if I have the wit to let them be.”
~Maria Boulding

“The virile Christ is He who unfurls before an evil world the pledge of victory in His own Body – the scar-spangled banner of Salvation.”
~Fulton Sheen

Comments

Popular Posts