My Food Is To Do His Will

Meanwhile, the disciples urged Him, “Rabbi, eat.”
But He said to them,
   “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”
So the disciples said to one another,
   “Could someone have brought Him something to eat?”
Jesus said to them,
   “My food is to do the will of the one who sent Me
   and to finish His work.
Do you not say, ‘In four months the harvest will be here’?
I tell you, look up and see the fields ripe for the harvest.
The reaper is already receiving payment
   and gathering crops for eternal life,
   so that the sower and reaper can rejoice together.
For here the saying is verified that ‘One sows and another reaps.’
I sent you to reap what you have not worked for;
   others have done the work,
   and you are sharing the fruits of their work.”
~John 4:31-38

Comments

Popular Posts