Thankfulness

“I am thankful for my heritage, both family and the church. They have left me with no excuse for not being all that I should be . . .

Most of all I am thankful to God, our Father and Jesus, our Savior and the Spirit, our helper for the providence’s He has shown us all our lives. ‘The lines have fallen to us in pleasant places.’

I sometimes have apprehensions about my standing before the Great Judge of the Universe when I read that, ‘to whom much is given, much shall be required.’

All I can do at this point in my life is trust that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ will take up the slack, make up the lack, and that God the Righteous Judge will be as merciful as we have believed Him to be.

This I do. Amen.”

~Walter Orr (a family friend – from his autobiography toward the end of his life)

Comments

Popular Posts