Psalm 40

I waited, I waited for the Lord
and He stooped down to me;
He heard my cry.

He drew me from the deadly pit,
from the miry clay.
He set my feet upon a rock
and made my footsteps firm.

He put a new song into my mouth,
praise of our God.
Many shall see and fear
and shall trust in the Lord.

Happy the man who has placed
his trust in the Lord
And has not gone over to the rebels
who follows false gods.

How many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders and designs
That You have worked for us;
You have no equal.
Should I proclaim and speak of them,
they are more than I can tell!

You do not ask for sacrifice and offerings,
but an open ear.
You do not ask for burnt offering and sin offering.
Instead, here am I.

In the scroll of the book it stands written
that I should do Your will.
My God, I delight in Your law
in the depth of my heart.

Your justice I have proclaimed
in the great assembly.
My lips I have not sealed;
you know it, O Lord.

I have not hidden Your justice in my heart
but declared Your faithful help.
I have not hidden Your love and Your truth
from the great assembly.

O Lord, You will not withhold
Your compassion from me.
Your merciful love and Your truth
will always guard me.

For I am beset with evils
too many to be counted.
My sins have fallen upon me
and my sight fails me.
They are more than the hairs of my head
and my heart sinks.

O Lord, come to my rescue,
Lord, come to my aid.
O let there be shame and confusion
on those who seek my life.

O let them turn back in confusion,
who delight in my harm.
Let them be appalled, covered with shame,
who jeer at my lot.

O let there be rejoicing and gladness
for all who seek You.
Let them ever say: "The Lord is great,"
who love Your saving help.

But I am poor and needy,
yet the Lord thinks of me.
You are my rescuer, my help,
O God, do not delay.

Comments

Popular Posts