Bear No Malice

“Bear no malice or evil will to any man living. For either the man is good or wicked. If he is good and I hate him, then I am wicked. If he is wicked, either he will amend and die good and go to God, or live wickedly and die wicked and go to the devil. And then let me remember that if he be saved, he will not fail (if I am saved too as I trust to be) to love me very heartily, and I shall then in like manner love him. And why should I be now, then, an enemy to him with whom I shall in time be coupled in eternal friendship? And on the other side, if he will continue to be wicked and be damned, then there is such outrageous eternal sorrow before him that I may very well think myself a deadly cruel wretch if I would not now rather pity his pain than malign his person.”
~St. Thomas More

Comments

Popular Posts