A Father's Day Story

(My parents on their wedding day)

My dad left college early because he was offered a pastorate at his wedding reception after his junior year. My parents moved to Ohio and Dad transferred to a university nearby. At the university, he took a health course. In one of the classes, they showed a film about childbirth and actually gave instruction on how to deliver a baby. Fast-forward a few years… My parents had moved to Indiana and their hospital was about an hour away. My brother was born two years earlier and the delivery took a very long time. When Mom was ready to have me, Dad thought they had more time than they did. About 15 miles from the hospital, Dad had to pull over to the side of the highway and deliver me in the backseat of the car. Between the two of them, they did an amazing job! Dad told me years later he was so glad he took that health course at the university. I am glad he was a good student and had a good memory as well. God knew what He was doing in setting all of that up, of course!

I miss my dad…

~Kevin

Comments

Popular Posts