There is a Lady Sweet and Kind

My wife and I have now been married 20 years. God has blessed us greatly through the ups and downs. I have no idea what I would have done if she had not said “I will” and “I do” all of those years ago. She was, is, and will be the one. Our love continues to grow. There’s no end to love. There’s so much mystery to life and love and marriage. One can get so lost in the beauty of it all.

I came across this poem and these sections of it reminded me so much of how I first discovered my wife in college. Those memories are so wonderful and continue to live on in my soul. I am a very blessed husband... – Kevin

There is a lady sweet and kind,
Was never a face so pleased my mind;
I did but see her passing by,
And yet I'll love her till I die.

Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
Her wit, her voice my heart beguiles,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
And yet I'll love her till I die.

~Thomas Ford

Comments

Popular Posts