Job 9:1-12, 14-15

1 But Job answered:
2 No need to teach me that; how should a man win his suit, matched against God?
3 Who would go to law, where one plea on this side is arrayed against a thousand on that?
4 His all-knowing mind, his all-conquering arms, what man ever throve yet that defied them?
5 God, the unseen power that can thrust mountains this way and that, uproot them in his anger,
6 can move earth from its place, and set all its pillars quaking,
7 can prevent, with a word, the sun’s rising, or imprison, under his royal seal, the very stars?
8 He it was, and no other, that spread out heaven to be his covering, made ocean a floor under his feet;
9 that created Arcturus, and Orion, and the Hyades, and the nooks of the south;
10 great wonders he does, beyond all our understanding and all our reckoning.
11 Hidden from my sight, hidden from my thought, he comes and goes;
12 comes suddenly, and how should I defend my doings? goes suddenly, and how should I question his?

14 and what am I that I should use phrases of studied eloquence for my pleading?
15 Nay, though I had right on my side, I would not plead against him as an adversary, I would sue to him for mercy as a judge.

Comments

Popular Posts