Looking into Heaven with Love and Gratitude

(Blue Sky - found here)

on Thanksgiving Day November 23, 2006

Turning my face to Heaven
I sense rather than see
the endless blue.
Beyond the dancing leaves and soaring hawk,
its immeasurable stillness
reflects the wonder of all Creation.

**

Morning dew glittering in the dawn,
like precious jewels;
and twinkling stars echoing in the silent night,
like the songs of angels,
We gather the fruits of the earth,
till the barn is overflowing with bounty.

**

My heart fills with countless blessings:
food, shelter, clothing and friends to be encircled.
Looking back, I see how
my stumbling steps have become a path
and how, on this lonely road,
I have never been alone.

**

The kindness of many has been
like a spring rain,
bringing new life to my heart,
as a “Blade of Grass” ever emerging
from the ashes of the Past,
I stand, Amazed at my blessings,
grateful for His Wonders!

~Takashi “Thomas” Tanemori (Hiroshima survivor)

Comments

Popular Posts