Psalm 63(62) Deus, Deus meus

2 O God, thou art my God; how eager my quest for thee, body athirst and soul longing for thee,
3 like some parched wilderness, where stream is none! So in the holy place, I contemplate thee, ready for the revelation of thy greatness, thy glory.
4 To win thy favour is dearer to me than life itself; my songs of praise can no more be withheld.
5 So, all my life long, I will bless thee, holding up my hands in honour of thy name;
6 my heart filled, as with some rich feast, my mouth, in joyful accents, singing thy praise.
7 My thoughts shall go out to thee at dawn, as I lie awake remembering thee,
8 and the protection thou hast given me. Gladly I take shelter under thy wings,
9 cling close to thee, borne up by thy protecting hand.
(KNOX - verses 2-9)

Comments

Popular Posts