Prayer – After Communion

“Bless the Lord, O my soul! and let all that is within me bless His holy name.

‘Bless the Lord, O my soul! and never forget all that He hath done for thee.’

Let my soul, O Lord, be sensible of its happiness. Let it, in the silence of all worldly cares, taste and enjoy the sweetness of Thy presence. ‘It is good for me to adhere to my God, to put my hope in the Lord God. I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me.’

Here pause a while, and commune with your God.

Behold, O Lord, I possess Thee, Who possessest all things, and Who canst do all things. Thou art the heavenly Physician of my soul, Who healest all my infirmities: and I am the sick man, whom Thou camest down from heaven to heal. Oh, heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee.”
Amen

~Old Church Prayer

Comments

Popular Posts