Eternity in our Hearts

(Found here)

I have considered the task that God has appointed
   for the sons of men to be busied about.
He has made everything appropriate to its time,
   and has put the timeless into their hearts,
   without man’s ever discovering,
   from beginning to end, the work which God has done.
I perceived that there is nothing better for them than
   to be joyful and to do good as long as they live;
   also that everyone should eat and drink and
take pleasure in all his toil—this is God’s gift to man.

I perceived that whatever God does endures forever;
   nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it.
God has done it, so that people fear before him.
   That which is, already has been; that which is to be,
already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.

~Ecclesiastes 3:10-15


“O eternal Truth and true Love and beloved Eternity! You are my God; to You I sigh by day and by night. And when I first knew You, You raised me up so that I could see that there was something to see and that I still lacked the ability to see it. And You beat back the weakness of my sight, blazing upon me with Your rays, and I trembled in love and in dread.”
~St. Augustine


“God has set Eternity in our heart, and man’s infinite capacity cannot be filled or satisfied with the things of time and sense.”
~F. B. Meyer

Comments

Popular Posts