Pascal’s Christian Experience

(Blaise Pascal - found here)

“I love poverty because He loved it. I love goods because they give me the means to aid the miserable. I keep fidelity with everyone. I do not return evil to those who do me evil, but I wish them a condition similar to mine, where one receives neither good nor evil from men. I try to be just, truthful, sincere, and faithful to all men, and I have a tenderness of heart for those to whom God has united me more closely. And whether I am alone or in the view of men, I have in all my actions the regard of God, who must judge them and to whom I have consecrated all of them.

Such are my sentiments.

And I bless every day of my life my redeemer who put these sentiments into me, and who, from a man full of weakness, misery, concupiscence, pride, and ambition, has made a man exempt from all these evils by the force of grace, to whom all the glory is due, what comes from me being only misery and error.”
~Blaise Pascal

Comments

Popular Posts