During This Nativity Season

“Today, publicly acknowledging being a follower of Christ is considered socially and politically despicable. While martyrdom in today's society is not physical, to witness Christ is to suffer psychological and social torture. True Christians are assailed, laughed at, mocked, reviled, verbally defied, and the brunt of scatological humor.

The root of the word ‘witness’ is from the Greek word martaria. Thus to be a modern martyr for Christ is simply to declare oneself to be His follower and stand up for His teaching.

...let's bring back ‘Merry Christmas!’
(I wonder how many secularists know that the United States has an official legal holiday called ‘Christmas.’ (U.S. Code TITLE 5 > PART III > Subpart E > CHAPTER 61 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 6103)).

...A personal rule of life I have adopted during this Nativity season is that I let no secular greeting by anyone go unanswered. My responses to secular greetings are given in charity but I too want to witness to Our Lord's Birth: CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!”
~George Morelli

Comments

Popular Posts