Staying Found

(Thomas Merton - found here)

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me.
~John 10:14

“. . . there was no earthly reason why any amount of work should prevent my union with God, provided it is His will.

. . . My mind is scattered among things, not because of my work, but because I am not detached, and I do not attend first of all to God. On the other hand, I do not attend to Him because I am so absorbed in all these objects and events. I have to wait on His grace. But how stubborn and slow my nature is. And how I keep confusing myself and complicating things for myself by useless twisting and turning.

What I need most of all is the grace to really accept God as He gives Himself to me in every situation. ‘He came unto His own and His own received Him not.’

Good Shepherd, You have a wild and crazy sheep in love with thorns and brambles. But please don’t get tired of looking for me! I know You won’t. For You have found me. All I have to do is stay found.”
~Thomas Merton (Journal entry)

Comments

Popular Posts